Jan 18, 2011

Rare Fruit Growers Exchange

My cousin Sue-Jane introduced me to the Rare Fruit Growers Exchange classes this weekend but I was disappointed in that I was not able to attend because of prior engagement. She proceeded to send me a bulletin of the exchange activity in the Santa Clara Valley.  The title of the bulletin is SCION EXCHANGE. 


I have no idea what is Scion Exchange so I proceeded to read the entire bulletin. I found on the introduction paragraph the explanation:

What is a Scion?
A scion is a cutting of budded young fruit tree wood, taken from the previous season’s growth, and used for grafting.  Once grafted the scion will produce a clone of the parent tree.  Grafting is an asexual propagation method that assures the fruits produced will be true to the parental type.
It is so interesting that I could not put the bulletin down. Here is the link to the Scion Exchange I would like to post here for everyone to read. I promise you would not be disappointed.
Wish everyone a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment