Jan 3, 2013

Wireless Garage Opener

The Lift Master Remote Garage Opener

Very often after came back from my trip when the taxi driver took me home and found that I forgot where I put my front door keys and I have no garage opener because it was in my car inside the garage! I wanted to install a remote garage opener on the door of the garage so I can open the garage to get inside my house. I have a Lift master garage door opener so I went to the Lift master website to find if they have something to solve my problem. I found that they do have a remote door opener that I can install on my garage door frame designed with a rolling code which is very hard to break, so it is pretty safe. I ordered one from Amazon.com and in a few days, the shipment came.

Liftmaster 877max Wireless Garage Door Opener Keyless Entry
I bought the LM877Max to work with my old Liftmaster garage door opener which was manufactured after 1993. The order came as promised and the instructions seemed very clear. I started to program according to the instructions but after I finished the garage door did not open. I tried and tried but still nothing. I went on the internet to see if I missed something. After a futile many hours of searching still could not find the answer. There was no phone number to call for tech support and the only help line I can find is that I have to register on the Liftmaster website to write an email for help. Luckily as soon as I did that, I got an email back with a phone number to call. I immediately call this number and after a whole long pre-recorded spill, I finally got to talk to a person. The technician was very kind and ask me to go to the garage and take me through step by step to program. After a few minutes the door opened and everything worked. The only different between what he told me to do and the instruction which came with the product was this: Instruction #4. Instead of press and hold the "Enter"button until the light bulb flashes, I have to press the ENTER button 4 times. As soon as I did that, the light bulb flashes and the program was accepted. My question is this: Why did they not change the instruction to reflect this new change? I have no idea. I am glad that it works now.

To my surprise, I found that quite a few of Amazon's customer also had the same problem that I had on the installation, I thought I need to post this so more people can see how this installation procedure can help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment